I talk to myself. Do you?
Sometimes I am not very kind or truthful.
David (the B.C. songwriter, animal handler, dancer and king) talked to his soul.
He encouraged and reminded it. He fed it healthy soul-food.
Like this-man-after-God’s-own-heart wrote in Psalm 103, I want to re-fuel my soul with refreshing words:
- Bless the Lord! Bless His Holy Name!
- Don’t forget all the Lord’s benefits!
- He has forgiven all your iniquity!
- He has healed all your (soul) diseases!
- He has redeemed your life from the pit!
- He crowns you with steadfast love!
- He crowns you with mercy!
Not from the inspired Word of God, but still humanly inspiring are words from Catherine Von Schlegel’s 18th century hymn Be Still My Soul:
Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; thy best, thy heavenly, Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
© Lisa M. Luciano 😊
Relieved“>Daily Word Prompt