I left the house with a protein bar, bottles of water and a cup of coffee. I was determined to eat light tonight.
I wasn’t even thinking of food while scurrying around GoodWill, trying on black boots. (I’m always trying to find black boots.)
The returns and the library stop kept me busy.
I even made it through every aisle at Aldi. (I turned over a teeny package of almonds at the checkout, but resisted.)
I entered the doors of my favorite upscale grocery store. This is a dream spot for anyone seeking to enjoy free wifi — a lovely area with tables and booths, virtually empty post-dinnertime.
You feel like you should buy at least a token item, if you’re going to sit there at a booth.
I pulled down a can of my favorite sugar-free sparkling water.
It went downhill from there.
Peeking around for a small high-protein snack, I discovered the bulk foods section.
Yes, there were high-protein choices….but there were various other offerings…
- …such as these delicious little critters: chocolate covered cinnamon bears. I finished off a very small bag.
- I can never resist licorice Allsorts.
- I needed something savory, so I added Asian cracker mix to my basket.
Tomorrow we’re going to make a stop at Trader Joe’s.
Just to stay accountable, here are the things I will not even look at!
- Those amazing dark chocolate-covered peanut butter cups at the checkout.
- Equally amazing dark chocolate covered almonds.
- Frozen mango mochi. But if my daughter buys a box, you know I have to help her.
- Ditto with frozen chocolate-covered banana slices.
Feeling slightly defeated as I finish off my sugar-free sparkling water,