There are dozens of songs containing the word change somewhere in the title:
Change of Heart
She Changes the Weather
We Can Change the World
I Don’t Want to Change the World
Can’t Change Me
A Change Would Do You Good
We change our minds, our décor, and our favorite frothy drink at the coffee shop.
It’s amazing – and comforting—to ponder the fact that God never changes.
- “For I the Lord do not change…”—Malachi 3:6
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.” –Hebrews 13:8
- “God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind.” –Numbers 23:19
But people change. We age. We grow. We are different now than we were ten years ago.
We experience a changed life when we surrender to Jesus Christ.
And then, we keep changing:
- Growing— in grace and in the knowledge of God. (2 Peter 3:18)
- Decreasing—so He can increase in us. (John 3:30)
- Filling up – with the knowledge of His will. (Colossians 1:9)
A solid Christian should grow like a healthy tree: producing mature fruit, sheltering branches, and a constant reach for heaven.
Keep changing. Keep growing. Keep softening the rigid ways that are just tradition or denomination. Keep learning how to love like Jesus did.
Don’t change your convictions if they are based on God’s word.
Don’t change because of your whims, or because the current culture screams at you to do so.
“…You and I cannot change or control the world around us, but we can change and control the world within us.”– Warren Wiersbe
“When you live in the light of eternity, your values change.”– Rick Warren