On Mother’s Day–
My son got up in church (as other sons and daughters did)
He grabbed the microphone to speak of me, his mother.
There were so many things he could have said, like:
- She doesn’t share her water bottle
- She closes her door and tapes on a note on it that says, “Come back in 30 minutes.”
- She’s got a mending basket full of clothes that have been there so long I’ve outgrown them
- Her patience runs thin when she’s trying to get out the door to go somewhere
- She makes oatmeal every day for breakfast
But he didn’t. 😊
I am still basking in the overflow of Mother’s Day love and chocolates and undeserved adoration.
And, I’m basking in the mystery that God entrusts living souls to imperfect Mothers.